So we have a referral. And we're mired in red tape. I don't know what I expected. So here are Thirteen things about this parenting limbo that I also didn't expect.
13) That I have to move so much stuff out of a room to put so much stuff back into it. (or tidying up the nursery.)
12) ThatI would stop and stare at a picture for so long.
11) That the color of the nursery would mean so much. I didn't want pink--but lavender looks wrong and blue just doesn't work so we're looking at pink now.
10) That something so small needed so. much. stuff.
9) That I would have no idea how to acquire any of it. I mean shop--except I'm not supposed to shop because I'm supposed to let people buy me stuff, but I don't want to sound like I'm trolling for gifts...
8) That I could become undone buying a little onesie that says "Worth The Wait."
7) That all of a sudden I'm struck with terror at the myriad of things that can happen out there.
6) That all of a sudden I'm struck with love for the man I'm about to share the next step of the journey with.
5) That I will and want to visit every doctor known to mankind because I want to be as healthy as possible for our trip to China.
4) That car seat decisions would take the better part of two weeks.
3) That I respect my mother in law more--because she adopted my husband and had to do this without the internet.
2) That I respect my mom more--because she had me two years older than I am now (in my 40s.)
1) That, though I have never held this child in my arms, once I saw that picture, to quote Aaron Sorkin, "If someone was hurting her I'd drop napalm on Yellowstone to get them to stop."
And the journey continues...